Monday, February 11, 2013

Wat Chetawan Temple, Petaling Jaya (วัดเชตวัน)

Today is the 2nd day of Chinese New Year (农历新年). I visited the Wat Chetawan Temple with my family. This is the annual CNY temple visiting activities.
Wat Chetawan Temple is situated at 24, Jalan Pantai, Off Jalan Gasing, 46000 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. 
Wat Chetawan is a famous Buddhist Thai temple in Selangor, Malaysia. 
I was told the official name of this famous temple is Thai Buddhist Chetawan Temple. 
The Vihara (Viharn) which is the main shrine hall of this temple was completed in 1962.

A row of 18 Buddha statues holding alm pots in Wat Chetawan Temple.
 My dad enjoying the Buddha-inspired paintings on the wall.

The red lanterns for CNY.

I like it's authentic ancient Thai design and the architecture at this temple is beautiful.
 
 Wat Chetawan Temple is a beautiful temple and worth to visit. 
*All the photos taken with my new phone, Samsung SIII.

2 comments:

foongpc said...

What a njce temple! I visited many temples in Bangkok, Thailand but never once stepped into this one right here in PJ! Must visit it one day : )

ZhengNorahs said...

Yes,it is a beautiful temple. :)

Post a Comment